The first 24 hours
- After leaving the studio keep your tattoo wrapped for at least 4 hours.
- The first wash is the most important. Unwrap your tattoo and wash with hot water (as hot as you can stand without burning yourself) use a clean hand and un perfumed, antibacterial soap to wipe away any ‘ooze’ that has come to the surface of the skin.
- Once you have thoroughly washed all the ‘oozey’ residue away your tattoo should look the same as any another part of your body and should not feel slippery to the touch.
- Let the tattoo air dry for 20 minutes and rewrap with clingfilm overnight.
- In the morning wash the tattoo and gently dab dry with a clean towel, please wash a minimum of three times throughout the day.
After the first 24 hours
- The tattoo should still be washed three times a day for the next 10 days.
- Stop wrapping the tattoo. Instead, after 48 hours use aftercare cream to lightly moisturise the tattoo.
- REMEMBER Less is more, do not smother your tattoo in the cream as too much can interfere with the healing process.
- Continue with the aftercare cream until the tattoo has completely healed.
Your tattoo will peel, DO NOT pick the flaking skin as this will effect the healing process. Always wash your hand before touching a new tattoo.
AVOID direct sunlight on your tattoo for 4-6 weeks and wear sun protection on your tattoos for the rest of your life as the sun damages tattoo pigment and will effect the tattoo.
Any questions please feel free to contact the studio: email@example.com or 01903 366240.